If you’re not familiar, StreamElements sponsorship campaigns is our program connecting our brand partners with our users. The program aims to bring paid opportunities to our users by integrating sponsored content into their normal content. The goal of this article is to cover how we determine eligibility for receiving our sponsorship campaigns.
TL:DR - this article should provide you more info on why you may or may not be receiving as many StreamElements sponsorship campaigns as some of your fellow Creator friends.
What criteria determines StreamElements sponsorship campaign eligibility?
Our main goal is to make sure the Creators we select for sponsorship campaigns are a good fit for our brand partners and will be able to run the campaign successfully, based on the engagement of their channel's audience.
The following factors contribute to who qualifies & is eligible to receive sponsorship campaign offers:
- Location of Creator: we reference the geographic location of each user to ensure the sponsorship campaign’s product and/or game is available to viewers within that Creator’s region.
- Language of Creator: we also check the language of the Creator as they may speak another language than they are currently located that aligns more with specific brand partners.
- Stream Activity: we reference the # of streams within a set period of time to gauge Creator activity. So if you’re interested in running campaigns, try your best to keep a regular schedule of recurring streams each month to grow your community.
- Brand Safety: we review the genres of games played most to ensure the brand partner matches correctly with the Creator and/or Channel.
- TL:DR maybe don't expect a kid-friendly campaign if you're lopping heads off fatality-style on the regular 😉
- CCV (Concurrent Viewers): we review the average number of simultaneous viewers of a channel within a set period of time (dependent upon brand partner preference) to ensure the Creators selected are more likely to succeed and earn money.
- Note: there is no minimum CCV requirement
- Campaign Preference: we review previous campaign rejections during the curation process to make sure we exclude anyone that has stated they do not want to participate in the campaign.
- Previously Ran Campaign: we typically have a “cool down” period after running a campaign. This ensures your audience won't get fatigued seeing the same campaign repeatedly.
These are just a few of the primary criteria we review when selecting Creators for our sponsorship campaigns, it isn't an exhaustive list, but it does capture some of the main areas to focus on.
Most important is to maintain a consistent streaming schedule & focus on growing engagement within your community.
Note: You are automatically considered for sponsorship campaigns as soon as you join StreamElements, and the Creators that have experienced the most success typically use our other tools & services to help drive deeper engagement with their community. (Chatbot, Alerts, etc.)
I’m not receiving any sponsorship campaigns, anything I can do?
If you are streaming regularly and building an engaging community, but still not seeing any sponsorship campaign offers, you can use our ‘Notify Me’ feature as shown in the image below to let us know that you are interested in receiving campaign offers.
This doesn’t guarantee that you will start receiving offers, as the above eligibility criteria will still be factored into who receives the sponsorship campaigns, but by doing this, it will let us know you are interested and would like to receive offers.
Note: Always remember to check your emails, as we always notify you of new offers via the dashboard & your email address associated with your account (P.S. sometimes our emails get stuck in the 'Spam' folder, so if you see one there, feel free to just drag it over to your Primary Inbox and they should start hitting that section of your emails moving forward.
An offer I received is no longer available, what can I do?
Spots are limited for the majority of our sponsorship campaigns, so it’s always good to act fast when you receive a sponsorship offer you are interested in.
But if the offer you liked is no longer available, we added a ‘Notify Me’ button that you can use to let us know that you’re still interested in running the campaign if more spots become available.
As you can see from the image below, this campaign no longer has spots available, and on the right you’ll find the ‘Notify Me’ button.
Simply click on the button and you will receive the message below.
This notifies our Sponsorship Team you are interested in this campaign, which they will use to prioritize when more spots become available in this specific campaign, or others that are similar.
Where are my sponsorship campaign offers located?
We regularly drop new sponsorship campaign offers, often on a weekly basis, and you can check for what you have available by visiting your dashboard then navigating to the ‘Revenue’ section, then selecting ‘Sponsorships’.
This will bring you to your sponsorship campaign list, showing all of your ‘Open & active’ campaign offers, campaigns completed, and campaigns that have expired or you rejected.
TL:DR - to check your sponsorship campaign offers, head to your Dashboard > Revenue > Sponsorships
I need help with a sponsorship campaign I’m running.
Due to the sensitive nature of sponsorship campaigns, we ask that if you have any questions and/or issues with any campaign you are currently running or completed, that you reach out to our Customer Support Team.
They will be able to help you sort through any of your questions and/or issues.
Follow the steps below to submit your sponsorship campaign support ticket or click this link.
Dashboard > select ‘Help’ in the bottom left corner > select ‘Get Support’ > select ‘SE.Sponsorship Form’ > fill out form