Table of Content
- What products can I sell?
- Will there only be these 5 products?
- What are the sizes of items?
- What kind of design do I need?
- How do I change an item’s design?
- How many items can I add to my store?
- How do I change the placement of my design on the item?
- Will we have back prints, sleeve prints, all-over prints?
- Will you offer large mousepads, hats, skateboards, and/or other speciality products?
- How do I enable merch alerts on my stream?
- How much does it cost to use SE.Merch?
- How come you have the highest profit margins?
- How does shipping work? Do you ship internationally?
- What about customer service, refunds, returns?
- How do I change pricing?
- How do I get paid?
- What about taxes?
- Will I be able to customize my storefront, add timed sales, limited collections, discounts?
- Why does my shirt smell like vinegar?
- What material is the mousepad and mug made of?
- I want to know about the ethics of this operation.
What products can I sell?The beta is launching with 5 basic products and the best profit margins available 🤑
- Premium T-shirt (Bella Canvas 3001, recommended price $25, your profit $11.10)
- Premium Pullover Hoodie (Independent Trading Company SS4500, recommended price $45, your profit $19.10)
- Mug (11oz, recommended price $15, your profit $6.50)
- Stickers (3x4'', recommended price $3, your profit $1)
- Mousepad (7.79x9.25'', recommended price $15, your profit $6.60)
Note: You can set any price you want and any extra profit goes to you.
Will there only be these 5 products?No, we’ll have a full catalog of items. We decided to start with the best sellers and be as hassle-free as possible. We understand that every community is different and might want different items. There are big plans going forward, we’re just getting started.
What are the sizes of items?Here are the sizing charts for the T-shirt and hoodie.
Do note that the US sizing is one size smaller then the EU sizing.
Bellow charts show in inches and centimeters and how to get measurements
- Mugs - 11oz / 335ml
- Mousepads - 7.75"x9.25" / 19.7cm x 23.5cm
What kind of design do I need?Printing on fabric requires high resolution and high quality designs. Each item has different requirements in resolution and dpi. To make life easier we recommend a single design 4000x4000 px 300 dpi. We will resize and re-cut it automatically to fit all the different items.
We understand not everyone has high res designs on hand, so we can work with any size above 2000x2000. When we get a sub-optimal size design we will attempt to slightly reduce the printing area to fit the quality standards.
- Resized Item:
If the design is too small we might lock an item until you upload a higher resolution image.
- Locked item:
How do I change an item’s design?
Click directly on the item to navigate to the Edit page. Another way is to hover of the item's menu and click Edit. Once inside, you’ll be able to change an item’s design, pricing, color options and name.
How many items can I have in my store?Currently, a total of 18 items.
How do I change the placement of my design on the item?You can edit the placement on the front of a shirt and hoodie by simply clicking on the items in the dashboard and then clicking on the "Design" tab on top. You can make the design smaller or bigger, move it around, use the autoplacement options as well. After you are done, make sure you click on "Save" at the bottom right.
For more information check out our blog post here: Item Editor Blog Post
Do note that we are working on adding the editor for mugs, stickers and mousepads, but no ETA can be given at the current moment.
Will we have back prints, sleeve prints, all-over prints?Yes, these are all coming. No ETA for now.
Will you offer large mousepads, hats, skateboards, other specialty products?For sure! It is on the roadmap.
Have any cool ideas? Suggest them here- https://forms.gle/RXcVr4fDci9dzej38
How do I enable merch alerts on my stream?Just go to the Promote tab in the SE.Merch dashboard and use the Generate Alert feature:
Alternatively you can just add the Merchandise Alert Box to any overlay via the overlay manager, like so:
How much does it cost to use SE.Merch?Nothing. Like all StreamElements services - this is absolutely free. No subscriptions or fees or commitments needed. Set up your store and start selling, no strings attached.
How come you have the highest profit margins?It’s our mission here at StreamElements to generate new revenue sources for streamers. We don't believe in making money from streamers.
- We’ve researched the market and partnered with the right suppliers
- We negotiated the prices to the lowest in the industry
- We take the lowest margins and only from the production side
- While it's up to you to set the price point that's right for your community, at standard pricing, most of the sale price goes to you, the streamer. As it should be.
Wait, so how does StreamElements make a profit?For every item sold a small flat portion from the production side goes to us
- This amount doesn’t change if you decide to charge more for your merch
- The biggest cut is always to the streamer
- If you decide to price the items higher, every extra dollar goes to you
- Our goal is to make this massive and succeed through volume
How does shipping work? Do you ship internationally?Flat shipping rates for domestic/international. Tracking included.
Orders from the EU are manufactured in our EU facilities. This means lower shipping costs, dramatically lower shipping times and no worries about duties and customs! This is currently available for:
For colors specifically, if its shipping from USA, it is due to shortage with the EU vendor
What about customer service, refunds, returns?Our Legendary Customer Support specialists handle everything. If a customer is unhappy with the print quality they get a refund/reprint. If an item gets lost in the mail - we will reprint and resend it, after 21 business days. For any issue email email@example.com or ping us on our Discord.
Upon a customer making an order, there is a 12 hours pending period before we send the order into production. In those 12 hours they can request for the order to be cancelled and refunded, or if they ordered 2 mugs instead of 1 - we cancel and refund so that they can reorder again.
After we send off the order to production, if the customer wants to cancel before its shipped, we will try our best to get in touch with our fulfillment center and vendor to cancel the order, but there is no guarantee we can cancel the whole order. Depending on the situation, we can then determine the amount that can be returned.
How do I change pricing?Go to the Edit page for the item you want to update. You'll see a slider with some pre-sets, and a custom price box you can set. The price will affect your profits only - you decide to have as much or as little as you’d like. Even 0 profit if you want. The minimum is production cost and every extra dollar goes directly to you.
How do I get paid?Go to the Payments tab on your SE.Merch dashboard. You will see a list of all your sales and your due profits. Click on the Withdraw button and the payout is on the way. Processing will take approximately 5-7 business days. Standard PayPal fees will apply.
What about taxes?Just like tips and other income content creators generate, we leave it up to you to report to your local taxation authorities according to your local laws and procedures.
Will I be able to customize my storefront, add timed sales, limited collections, discounts?For sure! All these features - and many others - are on the roadmap.
Why does my shirt smell like vinegar?When unpacking a new shirt or hoodie with a direct-to-garment (DTG) print, you might notice a vinegar-like smell or an off-white residue. Don't worry, that's not unusual - it's from a fixation agent applied during the printing process and it's not permanent.
Fixation agent (sometimes known as pre-treatment) is used for all DTG prints across the industry. It helps the ink bond with the fabric, and without it, the ink would flake off the garment.
To remove the smell, we recommend washing the shirt and hoodie as follows:
- inside out with cold water
- low tumble dry setting.
With proper care, prints will usually last for years to come.
Hot water and high dryer heat are not recommended.
What material is the mousepad and mug made of?The mousepad is made of high density neoprene with a smooth fabric layer. They are white, so if you submit a transparent image, the background color will be white. Stain-resistant and easy to clean.
The mug is made from quality ceramic, sports a comfortable handle. It is microwave and dishwasher safe.
I want to know about the ethics of this operation.
- Is the merch made in a developing country?
- How are those facilities checked for ethical working conditions?
- Are the product environmentally safe ?