Want to improve the branding of your chat, possibly adding your channel name or something unique to name your chatbot? We tried to make it as simple as possible, so please continue reading this article to find out how to do it!
Ways to create a custom name for your chatbot:
Currently, renaming your StreamElements bot to display a custom name can be achieved with SE.Live
How to setup Custom Bot name with SE Live:
Step 1: If you have not installed SE.Live, please install the OBS plugin here.
Note: You must download and install OBS Studio and StreamElements SE.Live to create a custom bot name:
Step 2: Once installed, launch StreamElements SE.Live
Step 3: Log into your Twitch account inside OBS & follow the instructions that appear in order to invite the SE chatbot into your channel and set up the tipping page.
*This can also be accessed from the top menu of SE.Live,
Under StreamElements > Bot and Tipping Setup
NOTE: Please make sure to grant Moderation privileges to the StreamElements bot and create a panel in your Twitch channel to link to your tipping page.
How to do this:
Toggle on ‘Edit Panels’ in the ‘About’ section of your channel
- Step 1: Add an image and paste the link to the tipping page under ‘Image Links To’
- Step 2: Press ‘Submit’
- Step 3: In the top menu of OBS, under StreamElements, please navigate to ‘Activate Overlays’ to set up a personal or themed overlay. Create a personal overlay and save it. Create the OBS browser source with that URL.
Now you should be good to move on to renaming the bot.
HOW TO APPLY THE NEW NAME:
- Step 1: Add the SE Activity feed dock in case it's not visible yet. To do this, navigate to the top menu > StreamElements > SE.Live Docks > Activity feed
- Step 2: Click the Menu on the top left of the activity feed, and go to 'Stream Settings'
- Step 3: Scroll down to a menu titled ‘Custom bot name’
The Current bot name will be 'StreamElements'.
You will have a few different options when renaming your bot:
You can change it to a custom name (third option), which means you will need to link a separate Twitch account to set it up as your bot.
Create a different Twitch account with the desired bot name, and use that user’s credentials to login when selecting ‘CONNECT CUSTOM BOT ACCOUNT’
- You can also connect your own account, and use the third option (non-capitalized broadcaster name) to have the bot respond with your account (allowing it to post all your favorite emotes from BTTV\FFZ\other channels you are subbed to)
- Finally, press ‘SEND TEST MESSAGE’ within that same section, and see the bot name changed in your chat. Press ‘SAVE’ when done:
Additional benefits of setting up a Custom Bot name:
By using your own account as the bot, you will also be able to incorporate your own channel's emotes (Twitch, BTTV, FFZ) to the bot's replies.
Note: If you want to gift a channel sub to your StreamElements custom bot. The gift should be for the channel that owns the desired emotes (as an example, if you want your own channel's emotes, gift the bot a sub to your channel, and so on).