There’s no better time to make an impact on the lives of LGBTQ+ young people than Pride month. That’s why we’d love it if you would join us in supporting the 'It Gets Better' Project, an organization tirelessly dedicated to connecting and empowering LGBTQ+ youth around the globe.
The easiest way to make an impact is to pick up some Pride swag! 100% of the proceeds will directly support the 'It Gets Better' Project.
And for the creators out there,
We’ve also made it super easy to host your own charity steam!
First, if you haven't already - head to the 'It Gets Better Project's Tiltify to sign up and support the cause. Here are several steps that will explain on how to go about it:
STEP 1: Create an Account on Tiltify
Navigate over to Tiltify and create your account (Sign Up > Fundraiser\Donor > Connect with Twitch > Authorize > Add required details and Complete Profile).
Once done, you will receive a confirmation email to activate your account!
- PRO TIP: If you have a manager, partner, etc. that might need access to this account (to setup campaigns on your behalf, edit incentives on the fly, etc.) we highly recommend you create an account via email instead of using the login buttons for ease of access.
See "Campaigns"? Click it! Then press -
STEP 2: Create your campaign
You will then see a series of setup related options for your campaign, including:
- Choosing your charity
- Choosing the type of campaign
- Naming your campaign and URL slug
- Setting your start/end dates, and
- Setting your fundraising goal amount
Start by typing 'it gets better' in the first campaign creation screen -
You can choose the 'It Gets Better Project' to proceed to the next stage.
For the campaign options choose 'Individual' -
Fill in these fields and press 'Continue' -
You can then follow these steps to finish creating the campaign -
Once that's all done, you will see this summary page - ensure that all the information is correct and click “Create Campaign”!
STEP 3: Your campaign DashboardThis is your campaign dashboard! You can manage your fundraising campaign here. For more information about your dashboard check out this article!
But if you don’t have time for that...
Step 4: The Essentials to Start Fundraising NOW!
1. Publish Your Campaign - Near the top of your dashboard, you will see this:
Once you click it, your campaign will be live and fundraising can begin!
2. Donation Link - This Share panel will be in the bottom right-hand corner of your dashboard by default. Use the donate URL for chat commands/panel links to direct donations!
3. Managing your campaign, LIVE! When your campaign is published, as you could see above, your Overview page will turn into a fundraising command center! If you are using any of our donation incentives (such as Rewards or Polls), you can use the Manage page to see what rewards were redeemed with their donation! Read and track donations live! You can also use this page to moderate donation comments and remove any that might be offensive (since these comments can also be seen on your public campaign page)
4. Donation Overlays - Be sure add your campaign overlay to display your donation progress bar! Head to your campaign dashboard , then click Overlays on the left column. Select the overlay URL you want to add! Here's more extensive information on Overlays!
5. Setting up Pop-Up Donation Notifications - Just like how broadcasters have notifications for their subscribers/personal tips, having donation notifications for your charity fundraiser is a MUST! While you could use our Tiltify API to create your own notifications, you can also integrate with StreamElements, which will allow you to create your own notifications OR use your existing tip notifications for your Tiltify campaign! Check out this link for more information as to how to set that up!
6. Setting up your Tiltify Extension - Add a panel to your channel to collect donations! Watch this short video to learn how to keep your viewers watching AND donating with our fundraising extension!
- Navigate to your Twitch Extensions page
- Search for 'Tiltify' on the top right
- Click 'Install'
- Press 'Configure'
- Press 'Login to Tiltify'
- Press 'Authorize' (new pop-up window)
- Select your campaign from the dropdown and press 'Save'
- Close the window
- Activate the extension
- Navigate back to your channel to see the extension panel activated -
- Learn more about how to set up your First Campaign!
- Learn more about how your Campaign Dashboard works!
- Learn more about how to integrate with StreamElements, and about donation notifications, Schedules, and more!
- Learn more about teams and team campaigns
- Learn more about adding a donation link to your YouTube videos
- Learn more about adding campaign incentives